TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brian's supra

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian L.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Brian's supra Reply with quote

Hi I'm Brian I'm from N.J.and I'm 18 years old and this is more of a intro thread and it's also to show you how my cars coming along and also future plans for my car.I must say TIP Engineering looks like a great shop and I have bin fallowing your builds/products for some time and you guys look like you realy know what your doing.so here we go

The car is an 88 turbo 5 speed hardtop with lil rust

This is how I got my supra on 12/31/06

I got the car for a great deal I traded my 91 integra for it I know what your thinking honda well I got the car when I was 15 and did a lot of work to it but when i traded it I took out my B20 vtec and gave it to him with a stock motor and I took most of my goodies off of it and sold them.well I'm out of the honda game and for good wouldnt mind an S200 tho.any ways Seeing that I had a good car with almost not rust (some rust in the wheel wells)The frame was strait I got to work

First I started with getting 91 5 spokes off some guy for 120$ with 2 good tires and than from there the front end was a must

I wanted to get a good set of coilovers but with not job and just the money I had saved from the honda parts I got a set of eibach springs and tokico shocks I didnt want to do it but it's better than nothing and I will be DD this car for about a year or more and still needing to learn driving Techniques this should be good enuf for now.

This is the car droped in the rear only with the new front end

and this is how the car stands now droped in the front and after i cleaned up the stock lip

Only other mods I have done is a hks ssq bov and I have removed about 70% of the sound deadening and thats it for now

The car has a paint job is about over a year old being the guy befor me got it off a body shop and than he crashed it.

Types of racing car will be doing:auto cross-even tho it's mosty getting sun burn and having to tell the old guys that mg's are the best car in the world lol but you do get a lot of driver skill out of it and it test you,touge-fun if you do it safey and you have some nice roads,drifting-this is a no brainer it's the most fun,road racing-it's a lot of money for track time but well worth it.This is pretty much what I'm into I do like all type of racing except nascar and I will be doing a lil bit of drag racing.

Plans for the car

motor:plan to do a 1J swap ubt am still thinking of doing a stock rebuild

suspension:tein coil overs or TIP coilovers,still don't know what sway bars I'm going with waiting till the testing from tip to be done,tein tie rod end spacers,would love to find a pair of jic adjustable a arms,all new poly bushings,6pt roll cage,undesided on what strut bars I want.

well thats most me and my cars storie I'll keep you guys posted sorry I don't have much more I could post and I'm sorry if I miss spelled anything I'm a bad speller.O and sorry for the shity pics I need a digi cam

peace,brian L.
AE86Gio15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forums, nice build you got going there
brian L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AE86Gio15 wrote:
welcome to the forums, nice build you got going there

thanks man it's hard when you don't have that many tools or a lot of money but I always have somthing better than I should in the end.But I have a lot more tools now and this spring I'm cleaning out/fixing up my garage(YAY no more leaks!!)

next for the supra new belts new front tires paint my rims gun meatel,ss brake lins,and if all go's well tein tie rode end spacers.

also to all you guys at tip do the tie rode spacers screw up your rack I know I heard one of you on SF saying that your rack got messed up is it from the spacers?
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, I think that was my brother's post on SF when he thought the spacers might have had something to do with the power steering problem. But I double checked the car, the rack is still good, we were just leaking from the power steering cooler lines. I had tried something different with the cooler lines and I could never get them to seal, so it was a slow leak and the system never got fully bled. The high pressure line also got a little cut it in from something and we had ATF shooting out of the line right onto the exhaust manifold, so we had all kinds of trouble with the power steering lines on the car.

But I checked and could not trace any of the problems back to the spacer. I would suggest going with my spacers over the Tein 240 ones. The 240 inner tie rods have a 16mm thread and the supras have a 14mm thread, so you will have trouble getting the spacer centered.

But otherwise, the project looks good. And I can take care of anything you need for suspension stuff or a cage. So whenever your ready, we can put something sweet together. I'm really looking forward to seeing more cool supras around here.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
brian L.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Tim I'll let you know when I'm ready but the only thing I could see me getting any time soon is the spacers I would love to get a set of your coilovers but I don't have the CA$H.But hey I have to learn how to drift befor I dump tons of money into my car.

also my cars coming out in 2 months so I was thinking since my cars going into my shop the week after it will be on the road maybe I'll take a littel road trip out to philly and check out your shop and buy tho's spacers off you btw how much do they go for??so let me know whats up also I plan on being at e-town this year and entering my car in some of the smaller events like drift and auto cross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Builds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: