TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New copy of RCVD for sale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Drunken Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scooter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: New copy of RCVD for sale. Reply with quote

My dad got this (and the workbook) for me for my birthday and its WAY over my head. If anyone wants it let me know. I don't know what each of them go for but whatever is fair works for me. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Sonofagun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be a really interesting read. But, like you said, I doubt I'd be able to understand much of it. I'll stick to dumbed down car and race literature.
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter, keep it and work through it. You can't read it in the order it's written, you'll just end up getting confused and deciding you don't like it anymore after you get to chapter 5. The way I was first told to read through it was chapters 1 through 4, then 14 through the end, and then 5 through 12. Chapter 13 is just history and it's kind of interesting but I never really read through it. The first couple chapters aren't too bad, it's more of an introduction into everything. And then 14 through the end are a little more applicable. You'll get into springs, dampers, geometry, roll rates, etc. And then 5 through 9 or 10, really want to make you put your head through the wall sometimes. And 11 and 12 are chapters you can probably read whenever, it's a lot of cause and effect and chassis setup stuff.

Just take it a little at a time, I know it can be a lot, but if you take your time through it or just use it as a resource for looking up some things, it can be very valuable.

But if you really think it's too much, the Carroll Smith books might be better for you. They're a lot easier to read and still have a lot of good info in them.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
Scooter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to read this thing! My problem is being an Econ major I've never taken more than the first week of a Physics class. I've taken calc so I'm somewhat familiar with vectors, but a lot of physics principals are over my head.

Thanks for the info Tim! I'll try it agin. In that order.
RbbugBiTme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiisass is dead on... I read straight through to ch. 7 and started skipping ahead cause it just kept referencing things in later chapters so I was like wtf? Now I'm on 16 or 17 and its all starting to make sense.

I've put it down for the time being though because we found our copy of Carroll Smith's Tune to Win which is a series I also recommend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Drunken Ramblings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: