TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here. MK3 owner from MD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Drunken Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurboFreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: New here. MK3 owner from MD Reply with quote

Hey just introducing myself. I'm Ben, I recently picked up my third MK3 supra after a year hiatus with a lifted jeep. I'm loving the innovation coming from TIP.

So I sold the Jeep and got together some money for a build for this supra. The next couple of months will be sweet. My buddies are going to be trying to teach me to drift better so we'll see how this turns out. (I've seen some of them in TIP's pictures, Kiely w/ the kouki black s14 on Work Meister's?, and Dan w/ the red s13 with abc exclusives on it?)

Plans as soon as the car gets inspected and titled:
Radiator(Cause the old one leaks)
Tires(Cause it needs them...)
Coilovers
Clutch
TIP Steering Rack Spacers
Removed Bumpstops
Welded Diff.
Wheels that fit my taste for being hella flush. I'm really feeling the Work Emo's though it'd be nice to get some old school wheels for it too.
then the rest of the money will be for events and tires next season.
Then I guess I'll get MA(...motorsports) to do a cage if I ever get good enough to actually compete.

Heres my old supra 1989 Dark Blue Metallic Hardtop 5-Speed Turbo :

And here's my new project. 1988 Pearl White Hardtop 5-speed N/A (Ugly as hell):

Last edited by TurboFreak on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you on here. I recognize the name from supramania. I didn't realize you knew Kiely and those guys. You should definitely come up to a Clubloose event with them sometime next year. There's a good change I'll have the supra out, it would be nice to see more.

Looks like a nice project that you're getting started on. If you need coilovers, let me know, I make the best setup for the Mk3 available right now. At least in my unbiased opinion and I have seen no proof that proves anything else, at least in the price range of my setups is any good at all. Mine will allow you drive up from MD and have a nice comfortable ride, but are still stiff enough to make the car awesome for any drifting, road racing, etc that you're doing. It's all in the valving and how I've designed them.

Oh and I do cages too. Here's the cage I did in another MD guy's Supra. http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/gallery/Robcage/

It's similar to what my brother's car will be getting. My brother's car will be getting more for gussets and a few extra bars.

Also, what is the reason for the 240 Tein tie rod ends? Do they have the same taper as the Supra ones? I meant to check when I had my brother's car apart, but never got around to it. But I think they might be too short, the 240s use a slightly different design inner and outer and the 240 outer is a lot shorter in length than the supra outer.

Oh and definitely do something with the diff if you want to drift the car. I would suggest a welded diff at least if you can't afford a real 2-way just yet. The stock diff won't hold up for long at least based on my experience. And I had rebuilt and shimmed a stock one and it lasted through almost 2 events.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
TurboFreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've known Kiely for awhile now. Have you heard of his new car? It's gonna be badass.

Also, I'm an idiot for putting those 240sx tie rod kit in there. Before your steering spacers, people used the spacers in that kit to get more angle. I just forgot to take that off the list when i added your spacers.

Welded diff. is a must. I might as well just get that done soon I guess. Look forward to meeting ya at events next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Drunken Ramblings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: