TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drift and RWD Sport Magazine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Drift and RWD Sport Magazine Reply with quote

Well hopefully everyone has heard about this mag. It's awesome and is made by drivers. It just started up in February and it's bimonthly so another issue should be out in the next couple days. I don't know where you can just pick it up, so it's best to just get a subscription. The website is www.drift-mag.com . It's cheap, so just sign up and it'll come to your house so you can read it.

But there's another reason for this thread. I will be writing several suspension articles for the magazine covering many different aspects of vehicle dynamics and suspension tuning. The first article will be in the coming issue and is a basic introduction to dampers. I have a couple other articles in the works, but nothing solid yet for the next issue. If anyone has any suggestions on what they would want to see, please don't hesitate to let me know.

So go subscribe, so you can look at lots of awesome pictures of normal people with badass cars and read some good tech articles.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com

Last edited by Wiisass on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
anthracite93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linky not working
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the link. Stupid periods.

jrud@tipengr.com
anthracite93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i concur on the stupidity of periods.....
bettonracing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthracite93 wrote:
i concur on the stupidity of periods.....

LOL!...
(typical FSAE humor)

Subscribing to the mag. I hope there's no added pressure of being 'politically correct' considering there're now ex-FSAE'ers [with the ability to call out mistakes on your website] reading ur articles... Mr. Green

If you have enough space, I recommend a 'jargon' column reiterating some of the terminology used in the article (considering your expected audience). It may actually save you some space for the article...

After reading your article I'll have a more educated idea of what articles to ask for.

Looking fwd to it.

Regards,
H. Kurt Betton
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bring up any mistakes you see or questions you might have.

I have actually had that suggestion about having a definitions section from some other people. I will be adding it to the next articles. I try to add extra definitions in the article, but it might read a little better if I'm not using a good chunk of the article just to explain the terminology that I'm using.

You probably saw it already, but if you didn't, there's a thread in the other section with links to the actual articles. I uploaded copies onto here for anyone who didn't get the mag yet.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
bettonracing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Subscription problem Reply with quote

Been a while... Hope everybody's making progress.

Wiisass
I subscribed to the magazine back on Nov 12th 2006 and it's now July 24th 2007 and I've received 1 magazine (apparently the June 2007 ed) to date.

I understand there's the administration period and also that the mag is only put on the stands every 2 months but I still think 1 magazine in ~9 months is a little unreasonable. I've asked to be charged for that one mag and a refund for the remaining balance.

Have u written any SAE papers?

Regards,
H. Kurt Betton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: