TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More tech stuff than you know what to do with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Good Vibrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: More tech stuff than you know what to do with Reply with quote

I just uploaded a ton of technical papers and information. It's somewhat organized into folders, broken down by what the papers are discussing. I'll try and put things into a better format, but it'll probably just end up being another post describing the different articles. But that probably won't happen for a little while.

http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/resources/

There's a lot of information in there and a lot of it is going to be too much. Some of the papers in there aren't very applicable to most of the stuff that we do, but for some reason or another I have kept them around. So take a look, read a little, post here if you want to discuss any of this stuff or ask questions.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
bettonracing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see more nerds out there making moves and applying all those sleepless nights of working on FSAE to good use.

I have numerous papers thruout my years of reseach as well and wouldn't mind sending them to the 'appropriate authorities' here. Please instruct accordingly. (give me some time to gather my files onto one computer...)

Is there any way to set up a single folder/ link to download all files [in "one" click]. Maybe an ftp of some [other] kind?

Regards,
H. Kurt Betton
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see another person on the site, welcome. I'm assuming you're an FSAE alum as well? What school?

I actually haven't had the time to update this post like I had wanted. If you noticed the thread with all the links to the Mark Ortiz Newsletters, that is how I wanted to do this one, but it has just slipped my mind and I haven't found the time just yet.

I would love for you to share whatever you have accumulated over your years of research. I don't know how many papers you have, or what the best way to transfer all of it would be. I'm not that great at internet stuff, but we might be able to setup a temporary ftp for you to upload your files. Or you could email them to me. Either way would work, email would be easier for me, but probably not for you. Let me look into the ftp stuff and I'll see what I can do. Just in case, my email is jrud@theoryinpracticeengineering.com .

I will also put zip files of each of the folders somewhere on the site for easier downloading of sections of files. I'll probably still keep it split up to an extent, just so if people just want one section, they aren't stuck waiting forever because they're downloading all the files. That is something I can take care of sometime this week.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
bettonracing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delayed reply. With 3 major projects on my table, I've been as busy as a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest lately. And being a workaholic doesn't help since none of them are work related...

I still haven't gotten a chance to gather all the files yet but I haven't forgotten. I'll zip them and send them to your email in ~10MB segments.

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton
SPSU '06 alum
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I've been more than busy myself recently. I've been working on a lot of different projects at the shop and trying to get some stuff for my personal cars in order, plus the unfortunate demise of the transmission in my daily driver. So I haven't had much time to work on any of this website stuff. Hold off on emailing them, I have a bunch of computer nerd friends who could probably help me setup an FTP so you can upload them straight to the site and then I can just move them around if needed. I'll keep you updated on that.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
RbbugBiTme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to look through anything yet but thanks a lot for making this stuff available. I'm getting pretty excited all over again... the senior suspension team leader just took me under his wing and is positioning me to be the next team leader so I'm looking for A LOT of resources to pull from.

Just a sidenote so I don't go post crazy. The pdf you have on shock dyno results in one of the other threads isn't working.

Peace
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RbbugBiTme wrote:
I haven't had a chance to look through anything yet but thanks a lot for making this stuff available. I'm getting pretty excited all over again... the senior suspension team leader just took me under his wing and is positioning me to be the next team leader so I'm looking for A LOT of resources to pull from.

Just a sidenote so I don't go post crazy. The pdf you have on shock dyno results in one of the other threads isn't working.

Peace

I think I still have some more stuff that I need to upload. And I need to get something setup for anyone else that would like to share any of the resources they have, just something like an FTP that you guys can log into and upload files and then share the links on here.

And which thread has the shock dyno stuff that isn't working?

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
RbbugBiTme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the shock dyno tech article. I tried again though and it worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Good Vibrations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: