TIP Engineering Forum Index TIP Engineering
Theory In Practice

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drift & Rwd Sport Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Good Vibrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Drift & Rwd Sport Article Reply with quote

I'm sure some of you know, but if you don't, I'm putting together some articles on suspension tech for the new Drift and RWD Sport Mag. The first one was a basic intro to dampers. For anyone that hasn't subscribed to the magazine yet, here it is.

http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/drift_mag/basic_damper.pdf

Read it, let me know what you think, if you have any questions, etc.

Also subscribe the the mag, it's cheap and full of high-quality pictures, tech stuff and a lot of other good things. And it's expensive at all.

www.drift-mag.com

I have just finished the second article for the next issue. This one talks a lot about design and tuning of a damper at the shop and at the track. I'm pretty happy with how it came and think that everyone will enjoy it.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
tErbo b00st

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice article. I am thinking about subscribing to this mag...and I think I will.
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's another one coming in the next issue of Drift and RWD Sport, which should be out very soon.

jrud@tipengr.com
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's article number 2. Enjoy.

http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/drift_mag/Damper_tuning.pdf

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
bettonracing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I am highly impressed. I was expecting a mind-numbingly dumbed down article, basically an introduction to the different types/brands of dampers available. (Note: That was in no way a disrespect to You but is the typical 'edited version for the masses' usually found in publicly available magazines). I'd go as far as to say the articles were somewhat intended for engineers (two degrees of freedom?...). Only things missing were some FBD's...

I feel as motivated and energized as I felt after reading my first "Racecar Engineering" magazine (tho nowhere near as stupid and confused...). Even though I'd been exposed to most of the information already, I didn't feel offended as if I was robbed of the cost of the magazine. Then again, the download was free... but I'll actually be looking forward to the mags in the future.

If the rest of articles in the magazine are anywhere near as useful/ accurate, I might feel inclined to actually approach a corner with the intent of 'overwhelming' my tires - or "drift" as it is commonly called. (I'm more into 'justifiable driting', if you couldn't tell by that last sentence)

I'm even contemplating purchasing a few more subscriptions to distribute at my alma mater. I'll wait till I see the rest of the mag tho... If I do, I'll let You know to ask Your boss for a raise Very Happy

<insert thumbs up here>

Regards,
H. Kurt Betton

P.S. I can now safely say I'm no longer highly pissed at the 6-8 week subscription "processing time" noticed in 'fine print' of the subscription page... Still pissed, but not highly.
Wiisass
Head suspension nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. I really tried to write it on a little higher level than most other magazines but keep it understandable for everyone.

Unfortunately, I won't have an article in the next issue. With everything going on here, I just didn't have the time to put something together. But there will be more in the future, these past couple months have just been really busy.

Tim

jrud@tipengr.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TIP Engineering Forum Index -> Good Vibrations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: